Our aim is to be relevant and visible in our community, and show we care about the various groups in our area. We will continue to enhance understanding and goodwill between Rotarians and the local community and to support and benefit identified local groups.
ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
Continue our long sponsorship and involvement in the Gap Regional Instrumental Primary Performers School “GRIPPS” program by supporting the associated barbeque and concert. Activities include:
Continue our sponsorship and involvement in the Gap Regional Instrumental Primary Performers School “GRIPPS” program, including the associated barbeque and concert.
- Organise the Carols by Candlelight event at Dorrington Park at Christmas, subject to Council support.
- Continue support for Australian Rotary Health programs that increase community awareness of mental health issues.
- Support members of the diverse cultural groups in our community to achieve Australian Citizenship by organising an Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony.
- Participate with other members of our community in “Clean up Australia Day’.
- Continue to monitor Wilcannia Park to ensure the community can use the facilities for safe recreational purposes.
- Identify other community activities in aged care where Rotary support would significantly enhance their outcomes in the local community.
- Consult and liaise with community groups in Ashgrove/The Gap to identify opportunities to support delivering community based outcomes.