Our aim is to be relevant and visible in our community. We support various community groups in our area. We strive to enhance understanding and goodwill between Rotarians and the local community.
ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
Sponsorship and participation in the Gap Regional Instrumental Primary Performers School “GRIPPS” program including the associated BBQ and concert.
- Santa Sleigh bringing Christmas cheer to The Gap community.
- Organise the Carols by Candlelight event at Dorrington Park at Christmas.
- Support Australian Rotary Health programs. Encourage community awareness of mental health issues.
- Organising the local Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony.
- Participate with other community groups eg: Clean up Australia; Neighbourhood Watch; Meals on Wheels etc.
- Sponsor Wilcannia Park providing facilities for community recreational purposes.
- Participate in other community activities where Rotary support would significantly enhance the outcomes for youth and aged care.
- Consult and liaise with community groups in Ashgrove/The Gap to identify opportunities to support delivering community based outcomes.